In this article, I will show you a list of 9 items that are about 50 feet long.I found it interesting to find out that not many items are exactly 50 feet long. Some are close but not exact.It’s not every day that you will need to measure something that is 50 feet long, but knowing some things of that length is really fun to learn. 50 feet is equal to 600 inches or 15.24 meters.
You are watching: How long is 50 feet
1. Hollywood signLocated in California, USA, the world famous Hollywood sign was constructed in 1923. When it was first designed, it was meant to be used as a temporary advertisement but ended up growing so popular that it still exists in it’s position today.So many people are curious about the size of the letters in the sign.Each letter measures 45 feet long or 13.7 meters. If you were to place each letter on the ground lengthwise they would total 405 feet long.
2. Semi-Truck trailerThe next time you see a semi truck on the highway, chances are it is hauling either a 48 or 53 foot trailer.Depending on your location, these are the standard sizes of trailers. The 53 foot long trailers are the most common.This length is for the trailer only, if you include the cab of the truck as well, it would equal around 70 feet long total.
3. Extension cordAn extension cord is used to power an electrical device where it’s own cord is not long enough to reach the outlet.Extension cords are available in many different sizes from 1-100 feet in length. A 50 foot long extension cord is one of the most commonly used sizes and can be found at most hardware stores. There are indoor and outdoor extension cords.
An interesting fact about extension cords is the longer cord, the lower the current carrying capacity.
4. Fishing BoatA fishing boat is a boat used for the purpose of fishing and can range in size from 26-100 feet long.Many fishing boats are right around 50 feet in length. Fishing boats are usually distinguished from other types just by their primary use. While they are designed for many purposes, they all share certain characteristics that distinguish them from other boat types.Fishing boats are used to catch specific types of fish such as tuna, cod, and halibut.They may be used for different methods of fishing such as trawling or trolling.
5. Garden hoseA garden hose is a flexible tube designed for use in watering plants and gardens. The most common type of hose is a rubber tube which uses PVC, but also made of rubber, or polyurethane. Garden hoses are usually 2 to 4 inches (5–10 cm) in diameter, although they may be as small as 1 inch or as large as 6 inches (2.5–15 cm). Speaking of inches, here are 11 common things that are 14 inches long.Garden hoses are generally any length from 25-100 feet. Many people tend to use a 50 foot long hose as it is not too long but long enough to reach most gardens around the house.
6. Tape measureOne of the most common tools used to measure things is a tape measure. Also called a measuring tape, these flexible rulers are used to measure size or distance.Some measuring tapes are better quality than others with extra features included. Many popular tape measures will be able to measure up to 50 feet in length.
7. Dog tie outIf you want to keep your dog in your yard and prevent it from running away, you can use a dog tie out.
You can also use them when camping or enjoying a day at the park. Many people prefer to not use a dog tie out as it can contribute to bad behavior patterns and aggression in some dogs.Dog tie outs are available in a variety of sizes, with a 50 foot length being quite common.
8. 3 Large SUV’sIf you want to get a sense of what 50 feet long looks like, place 3 larger sized SUV’s front to back in a row. Many large SUVs like the Ford Expedition, are close to 200 inches or 16.66 feet long.So 3 of them lined up together would equal 600 inches or 50 feet.
See more: Oracion A San Judas Tadeo Para Recuperar El Amor (Casos Desesperad…